In June 2014:
- 288,000 TOTAL payroll jobs were ADDED in seasonally adjusted numbers.
- 262,000 PRIVATE payroll sector jobs were ADDED in seasonally adjusted numbers.
- 26,000 GOVERNMENT (federal, state, and local) jobs were added in June.
- 407,000 MORE people employed.
- 523,000 FEWER people employed full-time.
- 799,000 MORE people employed part-time.
- 81,000 MORE people in the civilian labor force (people either working or looking for work).
- 325,000 FEWER people unemployed.
- Unemployment rate drops significantly to 6.1% (from 6.3%) primarily due to the many fewer unemployed people and many MORE employed people in June.
June 2014 jobs numbers and unemployment reports were released Thursday morning, Thursday, July 3rd. Graphs, details, and analysis will be published Thursday and over the weekend.
Please check back for latest numbers and charts!