AUG#: +130,000 jobs.

Unemployment up at 3.7%...AUG jobs under Trump HERE

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Romney and the Poor

Mitt Romney is on his way to the Republican nomination for President after a decisive win in Florida.  But he's got to get his foot out of his mouth again.  

On CNN this morning:  
ROMNEY: I’m not concerned with the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I’ll fix it. I’m not concerned about the very rich, they’re doing just fine. I’m concerned about the very heart of the America. [..]
HOST: You just said said, ‘I’m not concerned about the very poor because they have a safety net.’ But I think there are a lot of very poor Americans who are struggling who would say, that sounds odd. [...]
ROMNEY: The challenge right now — we will hear from the Democrat party the plight of the poor. And there’s no question it’s not good being poor. And we have a safety net to help those that are very poor, but campaign is focused is on middle-income Americans. My campaign — you can choose where to focus. You can focus on the rich, that’s not my focus. You can focus on the very poor, that’s not my focus.
But, but, but....

Romney has been moving to the right with the speed of light.. and we know those people don't like the social safety net, as it supposedly keeps people from working!  (Yep... keeps them unemployed like that  Republican presidential candidate who claims to be unemployed!  Except that he made 21 million while he was unemployed.)

The safety net has eluded the very poor.. .which is a big reason that they are "very poor".  Why is that so hard for so many to understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate intelligent comments and questions, including those that are at odds with anything posted here. I have elected not to screen comments before they are published; however, any comments that are in any way insulting, caustic, or intentionally inflammatory will be deleted without notice. Spam will also be immediately deleted.