July 2013 Jobs Numbers and Unemployment Rate have been released. This post will be updated as specific reports are published.
- The private payroller, ADP, which always announces its jobs report a day or two ahead of the BLS jobs report, believes that 200,000 private sector jobs were added in July 2013. Details HERE.
- 162,000 new nonfarm payroll jobs (net)
- 161,000 new private sector nonfarm jobs
- Prior months revisions: Down 26,000.
- Unemployment rate down .2% to 7.4%.
- Number of people unemployed down 263,000.
- Government gained 1,000 jobs
- Civilian labor force declined by 37,000.
- People employed (includes farm workers and the self-employed) increased by 227,000. This indicates that the unemployment rate decreased due to people becoming employed, not because people left the labor force.
- Alternate (U-6) unemployment rate decreased .3% to 14.0%.
- The percent of people working full-time essentially the same over the past month, from 80.52% down to 80.46%. The percent of people working full-time over the past year essentially the same, from 80.48% to 80.46%. The unemployment rate of people looking for full-time work dropped to 7.6% from 7.9%.
- The number of long term unemployed (over 27 weeks) dropped by 72,000, but the average duration of unemployment crept up to 36.6 weeks. Median duration ticked down to 15.7 weeks. This indicates that, while the newly unemployed person is finding work more quickly, the long-term unemployed person continues to struggle.
Watch this post. As details and reports are published Friday, the following links will be added or updated and you will see notations for July replace those for June.
- Private Sector Job Loss/Growth Since 2008 w/ Graph - JULY update
- What Was the Unemployment Rate When Obama Took Office (compared to today)? - JULY 2013 update
- How Many Jobs Created or Lost Under Obama? - JULY 2013 update
- Jobs Lost/Gained Year by Year Since 1999 - JULY update
- Private/Government Jobs Gained/Lost Month by Month 2011 to 2013 - JULY update
- How Many Jobs Have Been Created in 2013 to date? - JULY update
- How Many Government Jobs Lost or Added Under Obama? - JULY update
- Private/Govt Jobs Gained/Lost Under Obama - JULY update
- How Many Jobs Lost or Gained in July 2013?
- Private Payroller ADP Believes 200,000 private jobs were created in July. Details HERE.
Other Recent Posts About Employment and the Labor Market:
- How Many People Left the Work Force Since Obama Took Office?
- Yes, 20 million People Did Get Pink Slips in 2012!
- How Many Jobs Lost or Gained in 2013 to date?
- The Unemployment Rate Would Be 11% if Labor Participation Had Not Decreased!
- Who Are Those 90 Million People Not in the Labor Force? (chart included)