March 2012 Jobs Numbers have been released:Latest March Updates (posted in April):
- Summary: A mixed report with not as many new jobs as expected, but a large increase in full-time workers (vs. part-time workers), and a large drop in the number of workers who are working part-time but want full-time work, which is a good thing.
- Economy adds 120,000 jobs in March.
- Private employers add 121,000 jobs in March.
- February jobs numbers were revised upwards slightly by 13,000.
- Unemployment rate declines slightly to 8.2% as 100,000 fewer people reported themselves as unemployed, and as about 100,000 fewer people are in the labor force (stopped working or looking for work).
- 100,000 fewer of those not in the labor force (not working or actively looking for work) reported themselves as "wanting a job".
- Underemployment rate drops to 14.5% from 14.9%.
- Number of people working part-time who want full-time work dropped by 400,000.
- Number of full-time workers increased by about 900,000; number of part-time workers decreased by 600,000.
- How Many Jobs Has Obama Created or Lost? (March 2012 update)
- What Was the Unemployment Rate When Obama Took Office? (March 2012 update)
- ADP March Payroll Estimates
- How Many Jobs Lost Before Obama Took Office?
Check This Link for Updates as They Are Published