NOVEMBER Jobs Numbers & Unemp. Rate will be released Friday, December 5. OCTOBER overview HERE.
How Many Jobs Were Created or Lost in October 2014?
In September 2014:
- 248,000 TOTAL payroll jobs were ADDED in seasonally adjusted numbers.
- 236,000 PRIVATE payroll sector jobs were ADDED in seasonally adjusted numbers.
- 12,000 GOVERNMENT (federal, state, and local) jobs were added in September.
- 232,000 MORE people employed.
- 671,000 MORE people employed full-time. (Biggest increase in full-time workers outside of Census hiring since early 2005.)
- 384,000 FEWER people employed part-time.
- 174,000 FEWER people employed part-time involuntarily. (In other words, people who want full-time work but can't find it.)
- 97,000 FEWER people in the civilian labor force (people either working or looking for work).
- 329,000 FEWER people unemployed.
- Unemployment rate drops significantly to 5.9% (from 6.1%) primarily due to the many fewer unemployed people and many MORE employed people in September.