Watch for "The Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the Meh in the March 2013 jobs report" coming soon.
- The BLS Report shows INCREASES in total jobs and private-sector jobs; government jobs continued to decline. 88,000 more jobs in total; 95,000 MORE private sector jobs. These are seasonally adjusted numbers.
- In unadjusted "raw" jobs numbers, 759,000 jobs were added in March, which is a hiring month, and 684,000 private sector jobs were added in March.
- Unemployment is down to 7.6%, its LOWEST mark since December 2008. The decrease in the unemployment rate was spurred mostly by 170,000 young people age 16-24 leaving employment, leaving the labor force, and entering or re-entering school.
March Jobs Reports & Summaries published so far:
- How Many Jobs Has Obama Created or Lost? (March 2013 update)
- Debunking: The unemployment rate went down because people left the labor market in deep despair? Well, no...
- Private Sector Job Loss/Growth Since 2008 w/ Graph (Updated for March 2013)
- How Many New Jobs Were Created or Lost in March 2013?
- How Many Government Jobs Lost or Added Under Obama? (March 2013 update)
- Private/Government Jobs Gained/Lost Month by Month 2011 to 2013 (Updated for March 2013)
- Jobs Lost/Created Year by Year Since 1999 (Updated for March)
- What Was the Unemployment Rate When Obama Took Office (compared to now)? March 2013 update
- Private & Government Jobs Gained & Lost Under Obama (March 2013 update)
- How Many Jobs (Net) Created in 2013 to date?